Movin Legal is once again leading the industry in innovation around the property market by introducing our Property Log Book product to clients looking to sell their existing property. This is not a new idea and this way of selling a property using a Property Information Pack has been used in Scotland for many years, cutting the timescales down for property transactions.
The simple way to understand how the Property Information Pack works is as follows -
You have a logbook on your car, which tells prospective buyers when it has been serviced, what work has been carried out, which allows you to sell your car for a higher amount. But for your house purchase, which is the largest purchase in your lifetime there is no such document.
This is not Home Information Packs (HIPS) revisited, it is simply a way of clients being able to provide all documents upfront at the point of sale and allows clients to share this information with a purchaser’s law firm, therefore, speeding up the process.
The secure online portal allows you, the home owner, add data regarding your house such as:
- All legal documents such as:
- TR6/TR7/TR10 forms
- The system will automatically download your Title Plan and EPC for your property (provided there is one)
- Details and information of work carried out on the property are also saved online, such as:
- Gas certificates
- Electrical certificates
- Building work, including planning permission, building regulation permission etc etc.
- Use this product in conjunction with Faster Searches by Movin Legal to save up to 16 weeks in the housing transaction process